- Ralph Nader to Keynote ASACC National Student Advocacy Conference in March!
- About the American Student Association of Community Colleges
- ASACC Training Programs for Students and Advisors
- Meet Danielle – Your National Vice President of Leadership
- History of the American Student Association of Community Colleges
National Student Advocacy Conference
March 17-20, 2018 * Washington, D.C.
It’s time for community college students to take action. Register for this conference, come to Washington, D.C., represent your constituents, make a difference! GET YOUR VOICE HEARD!
LISTEN … LEARN … LEAD
The conference will provide general sessions, keynote speakers, workshops and forums designed to educate the student participants on the major issues that are critical to community colleges. Some of those issues include:
• Pell Grants
• Student Loan Interest Rates
• Federal Work-Study Funding
• America’s College Promise
• Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act
• Student Debt Relief / Using Pre-Tax Dollars for Student Loans
• AND MORE!!
While attending and participating in the conference students are given time to meet with their Representatives and Senators or their staff members regarding these important issues and other campus issues that have been coordinated with campus administration. The conference serves as a very strong educational experience which teaches the values espoused by ASACC: LEADERSHIP, CITIZENSHIP, and ADVOCACY!
Be sure to turn in your registration and payment in right away as there is only enough space at the hotel for 400 participants!
Registration Form – Spring 2017 – Registration is filling up fast. You won’t want to miss the February 11 deadline. Any registrations after February 12 have a late fee added. Save money – register today. Call our office if you have questions.
Liability Waiver – Cancellation Doc – Spring 2017 This document needs to be signed by the College advisor, but it is recommended all attendees sign.
Hotel Information – 2017 – New Location – Better Rates – check it out Washington Plaza Hotel!
Spring 2017 – Workshop Proposal Form Are you interested in building your resume, sharing your knowledge or best practices with the attendees – submit your proposal right away. Entries are due no later than February 10, 2017.